Friday 9 March 2012

Thrifty Finds

A few little objects I have found on my thrifty rummages over the past week.
A pretty pair of hand painted glass candle holders. Love the daisies.
We're not sure what these two little china ornaments are. When I first saw them I thought they were salt & pepper pots but there are no holes in the tops (although one has a little black dot painted on top in the centre). The flowers are transfer printed but the gold paint has been hand applied with a sponge. My daughter wondered if they were table lamps for a dolls house. Any ideas anyone?
 
 A 'Victory' wood jig-saw puzzle dating from the 1950's. The picture's so cute. I haven't done a puzzle in years but even I might be tempted to have a go at this one.

The original price on the box is 9/6 (9 shillings and sixpence) a bit less than 50p in today's money.
I hope the sun shines for you this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love all your charity shop finds. The painted glass holders are lovely and the jigsaw puzzle is so cute and adorable! Also the china ornaments look like mushrooms but maybe they were mini lamps for a dolls house or something similar!? - Becky x

    ReplyDelete